THAT WHICH YOU LOVE YOU WILL SACRIFICE FOR.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Time Flies

Sorry I have not posted in awhile but Bruce had most of last week off work with the American Thanksgiving Holiday. Bruce works in the United States and crosses the boarder every day so we only get American Holidays. So we don't get the August long weekend and no Canadian Thanksgiving and no Boxing Day (however Bruce's work place gives him the entire week off around Christmas and New Years so "This is good").

I find it so funny no matter if you are at home relaxing as a family on holidays or we go away on holidays the time always seems to go by much faster then we you are in routine with your family and children. I love all the time with my kids but family time sure does fly by with great memories. I am thankful for family and the time we get to spend together.

Bruce's time off work was wonderful, we didn't get to sleep in too much with the kids but Luke stays in bed until about 7:30am to 8am so I figure that is living the high life as a mother of two. Bruce's parents were here from Brampton (about a 3-4 hour drive away) so we took them to Bronner's in Frankenmouth, Michigan (this is the World's Largest Christmas store) and then we went to Brich Run outlet mall in Michigan and we ate at our Favorite American restaurant "BOB EVANS" (have you ever seen their menus for kids?...........so cheap and HUGE portions!) If you have kids and you are in the US and you want to eat cheap and have good food hit Bob Evans. We got family photos done one night and we put up our Christmas tree in the basement. (Luke thinks all the gifts under the tree are for him).

On Friday last week we went "BLACK FRIDAY" shopping in the USA. It is the biggest shopping day of the entire year in the US. It is AMAZING! Believe it or not the sales start at 5am in the morning.....so YES Bruce and I were up at 4:15am getting our butts out the door to go get the deals. We spent our share of cash there on Christmas gifts and eletronics. We came home around 11am in the morning and we got caught at the boarder crossing and they made us pay tax on everything we bought! :o( It was a sad day. We have done this shop for the past couple of years and we have never been pulled in by the boarder guards. So we had to pay 6% tax in Michigan and then 14% tax on top of that coming back in to Canada. The great thing is though we still got some super deals even after all the tax we paid so it was still well worth it. The lines in the stores are CRAZY long. I waited in line for 1 hour and 40 minutes in Kohls (the greatest store on the entire planet) and I would do it again! I love the rush of getting a great deal.

Overall we really didn't do anything out of this world but it was time well spent and man the week sure flew by.

Family time is time well spent!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is funny about the deals on "Black Friday" - sounds like Boxing Day here! I usually end up avoiding going out because I hate all the people and lineups. Though if I do go out it is really early so that there isn't quite so many people.
Glad you had a great time with family and having your hubby at home. Time always flies more for me too when Michael isn't doing work and is at home.

November 30, 2006 1:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home