Luke loves his swimming lessons
Luke started swimming lessons this past week at our local outdoor pool here in LaSalle. It is so nice the pool is only a 2 minute drive from our house.
I have to admit I was a bit concearned that Luke was not going to like swimming lessons. I thought for sure he would cry and throw a fit saying he wanting Mommy and he wants to go home and have lunch! (That is his favorite line to get out of things).
To my amazement Luke loves swimming lessons and he looks forward to them every morning. He is very good and listens to his teachers fairly well. He is doing very well to this point.
There is something very funny though.....if you read earlier on in my BLOG about going to a garage sale with 2 kids and Luke peed on some of the CD's at someone's garage sale. Well, guess who's daughter is in Luke's swimming class? The women who Luke peed on her CD's a few weeks ago. So I have to see her every morning for 2 solid weeks. My oh my .........how lucky are we? ha ha! You have just go to laugh and grin and bare the humiliation. Kids will be kids.
Yesterday we went to the pool for Luke's swimming lessons and they informed me that the pool was closed due to someone vomiting in pool the night before. The lifguards came to work in the morning and there was vomit in the pool. They had to shock the pool so none of the swimming classes could take place that morning. Luke was just devestated to say the least. He did not throw a temper or anything, he just cried and cried and he kept saying he was sad because he couldn't go in the pool. Luke was looking forward all day to his class. He got to colour some pictures with his class yesterday and then I took my sad little boy home.
Here are some pictures of Luke in his swimming lesson this morning. I would have more but my battery died on my camera while we were at the pool.
Luke and Allison waiting on the pool side for Luke's swimming class to start. Luke is in the class/level called Sea Turtle.
The Sea Turtle class meeting together to walk together to the shallow end of the pool to start their lesson. Do you see Luke?
Luke walking away from his class and dying to swim on his own. The teacher caught him and pulled him back with the rest of the class.
Luke having his turn with the teacher to float. There are 2 teachers for this class of six of 3-5 yeaar old.
I am not too sure what prompted Luke to put in arms in the air, but it sure is cute.
Labels: Luke


1 Comments:
Wow! You have been very busy since the last time I read your blog! Of course what else would I expect of a Mom of two little ones?
I think that Luke threw his arms up in the arm when he realized that he had three girls in his class!!!
Love Matts new car! He will catch on to the standard really fast. And I too like your pic of the clouds reflected in the shiny car.Wonder how long the car will stay that shiny?
It is really funny that you would wind up in the same swimming class as the "wet CD lady". Maybe she won't share the garage sale tale with anyone else!
Keep on blogging! Its such fun to keep up with the LaSalle Gailitis's
Lots of love to you all. Get well soon!
July 18, 2007 10:31 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home