A deep thought for the day
I just finished cleaning our main bathroom (this is not a picture of our bathroom by the way, I found this one on the Internet). As I was cleaning our bathroom I found it funny that we go the bathroom to get clean. An example would be you have a shower....to get clean, you wash your hands before a meal....to get clean......you brush your teeth....to get clean teeth, you wash your face in the sink....to get clean and so on.So my deep thought while cleaning the bathroom was "Why am I cleaning the bathroom.... if this is suppose to be where I get clean?". Some how this room seems to be one of the dirtiest rooms in the house and sometime the smelliest yet we walk out feeling better and clean and fresh.
As I was hanging over the tub this afternoon and I see all the soap scum on the side of the tub I all of a sudden thought... "I don't feel so clean right now". How does soap clean us yet mark the tub? How does toothpaste clean our teeth yet end up hardened on our drain in the sink sitting there for days and not moving? How does my husbands whiskers end up in the soap dish? How do dust bunnies collect around the base of my toilet? Why doesn't the water in the toilet bowl clean the toilet for me? How does the garbage pail get so full in 2 days? How does the toilet paper roll leave such a lint on top of all the magazines beside the toilet? How does water end up on the floor? How come the floor looks like someone is coming or going with all the dust/dirt/hair on it? How does my soap pump always manage to leave a drop of soap on my sink?
I just find it ironic that we go into the bathroom/washroom/can/laboratory/restroom/The throne room/The thinking room/The Lou/The Potty room (as Luke would call it) to clean ourselves. So the question I have is "Why do I have to clean this room once a week?" I thought it is a room to get cleaned in, not for me to clean~
Labels: fun


1 Comments:
Amen! Never thought of it before, but you are so right!
(I hate cleaning the bathroom! LOL)
March 12, 2007 2:38 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home