Some more pictures from Greece..more to come
The view from the parthenon.
Can you believe all these outside stairs are made of marble? There is marble all over Athens and all over Greece. It is crazy! I want to know what the people do when it rains on the marble stairs?
The front entrance to the parthenon. Bruce went down really low to get a shot of the inside of the covering.
We climbed the hill to the Parthenon.
A close up shot of the Parthenon.
Bruce and I with the Parthenon. It was under some re-construction when we were there. I have to tell you we had beautiful like this the entire time we were in Greece and the Greek Islands. The sky was blue like this the entire time. God was good.
This is a plaque stating that we are at Mars hill. This is where Paul debated with the Philophers of Athens. This is where the Philophers had a alter to "The unknown God". We were standing where Paul once was.
The view from MArs hill over the city of Athens and beyond.
Another perspective from the top of Mars Hill.
Bruce and I on top of Mars Hill with the Parthenon in the back ground. The rocks on Mars Hill were so slippery, at points I needed to crawl across them as I kept falling/slipping on the smooth surface of the rocks.

My amazing husband on top of Mars hill looking very good I must say.
The night that we arrived into Athens we dropped off our luggage at our downtown hotel and ate dinner at the hotel restuarant (their saying for this resturant was that they were "FRESH, SPANKY AND YAMMY" I will tell you what that means in some later pictures. We all found it very funny and thought the Greeks didn't know how to translate english. So we had some good laughs over Fresh, spanky and yammy. Then once we were finished eating we (our team, 13 if us in total) took off for a walk and here is picture of the Parthenon at dusk, it was only a 5 min walk from our hotel. Amazing eh?
Here is the view out of our hotel window our first night in Athens. We were in Athens for 3 nights then we flew to the island of Samos for 2 nights and then we returned to our Athens hotel for the remainder 2 nights.
Here is a picture of Bruce and the first modern day stadium for the Olympics.
Now it is my turn to take a picture with the stadium. Don' we look like tourists?
The stadium.

When you ordered a coke in a resturant you got a bottle and in Greece, when you ask for a diet Coke you have to ask for Coke light. I want to you guess what is the red juice.................yes it is orange juice and it was so good! It was from a blood orange.
Here is a picture of me in one of the harbours of the island of Samos. Samos is about an 45 min airplane ride from Athens. We spent 2 days in Samos. Samos is the island where Paul rested one night on his missionary journeys'
This is when out team arrived in Samos. This is a picture of us in the Samos airport. We haden't even gotten out luggage yet.
This is the view from our hotel in Athens. Sorry I told you I am all over the map here with my pictures.
On our second day in Greece we ate at a small country side resturant and here is a picture of our meals. This was my meal.
This was Bruce's greek salad, there was no lettuce in it just a whole lot of tomatoes.
Labels: Greece


2 Comments:
So cool! I especially love the comment you made about being on the same spot that Paul stood on. How that must have made the Bible just seem to come alive to you! The photos of Greece are always so gorgeous, the contrast of the blue skies with the mostly pale buildings is just amazing!
May 05, 2007 6:39 PM
Wow! How fun to tag along on a trip like that!
May 06, 2007 10:16 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home