My first Turkey
Today I made my first turkey ever for our American thanksgiving. I have to tell you I had no intention of preparing this meal at all. I was very fearful of cooking a turkey for some reason, don't ask me why. I am still not too sure, However, Bruce came home with a 13 Pound turkey from Walmart in Michigan and said he would like a turkey dinner this weekend. So I had no choice but to learn how to cook a bird, they call a turkey. We got our direction from my Mom in Florida and from the Internet. Everything seemed to go well and we took pictures of the process of cooking our first turkey.
Allison and Grandma Gailitis waiting to go to church while I washed the turkey out.
Opening the turkey from the packaging.
Can you guess what this is? This is my first glance and experience of pulling out the turkey's neck. It was very interesting.
This is me kissing the bird and wishing it well in the oven.
Drying the turkey after a good salt bath to get all clean.
The finished product after 5 hours in the oven and 4 basting's. It smelled so good I just wanted to lick it.
Grandma and Allison playing.
Me and my first cooked turkey.
Bruce was the one who carved the bird with our electric knife, we had never used before.
MMmmmmmm Turkey!
My brother came over and spent the afternoon with us and had some turkey as well. We had a great family dinner together and the turkey was wonderful and very moist. We also had sweet potatoes, white potatoes, corn, cauliflower with cheese and yummy gravy. I will attempt stuffing the next time around when I am better prepared for this meal.
Grandpa Gailitis with Luke and Allison after a very yummy and filling meal.
After our evening turkey meal, it decided to snow,. It was out first snowfall of the year and the first time my brother's new car had seen snow on it. So we had to take a picture. It did not snow for very long though.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home