Library
I just wanted to let everyone know that if you are trying to save some money or you are just trying to be smart with your money then you have to go to your local library. We just got in the groove with our LaSalle Library about 1 year ago and it is amazing!They have a 2 year old "Toddlertime" for Luke every Tuesday morning. Now you do have to get there on time to register or you could be on a waiting list, BUT the cool thing is ....it is FREE! The program runs from 10:15am to 10:45am and Luke loves it. Luke is still learning to sit in one spot during the entire half hour program of reading books, singing songs, watching puppet shows and banging the drums or hitting the sticks together but he is a BOY and I need to remember he is only 2 years old and a VERY active little boy.
Bruce and I now get our movies from the library as well. No more Blockbuster for us. Again.....the movies are FREE. All you have to do is get a library card and yes, that is free too! Amazing eh? We really enjoy our library here because you can reserve the movies/books/CD's etc you want online and then the library calls you when they are in.
Maybe this has been going on for awhile and we were just out the library loop, but how can you go wrong with requesting the movies you want and then wait at home for the library to call you to say they are in. How can a FREE service get any better then that I ask you?
Another amazing thing is the kids CD's you can borrow for 3 weeks straight! Luke has his favorite CD from the library. It is a Veggie Tales CD called "On the Road Again". So we sign it out for 3 weeks and listen to it endless while we drive around town doing errands, going to church, going to library class, the grocery store etc. Then we return it for 1 week at the library and if nobody has signed it out ......Luke will find it in the CD bin and want it for yet another 3 weeks of "The wheels on the Bus", "Daisy", "Oh you can't get to Heaven" and many more Veggie style songs. I have all the songs memorized.
I am so thankful for the library! It has and is saving us tons of money on books, videos, DVD's and CD's for the kids and us. When you have 2 kids in diapers (that is expensive in itelf) and the daily bills coming in, it is truly a blessing. We are told to use our money wisely in the Bible and I know this is a little thing, but Thank you Lord for the library!


1 Comments:
Hey -
We love the library as well and have been using it constantly for the four years that we have been in Calgary. Here it does cost a yearly fee and Michael and I have to have seperate cards. That's OK, though, it's much less than buying books!
I did find that there wasn't a great selection with the DVDs in our branch. And the old movies that I borrowed were all scratched and I couldn't watch them anyway. I haven't gotten the nerve up to try again. I do love their selection of Christian books though. :)
As for movies, we have once again signed up for Zip.ca, ordered online and mailed to you with return envelopes, you can watch at your leisure and send back and they send you a new one. We love it!
January 17, 2007 1:06 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home