THAT WHICH YOU LOVE YOU WILL SACRIFICE FOR.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Grandparents

I just want to take the time to so thank you to my parents and Bruce's parents for all they do for us and their grandkids. They are incredible! It is so nice to have my parents close by to help us out and to visit with the kids.

Today Luke, Allison and I went to the doctors office and I got my tetnis shot (my arm is still hurting) and we decided to get the chiken pox shot for Luke. Well, when the nurse put the needle in his arm he decided it was time to move and he has a HUGE brusie on his arm and he cried for quite awhile about it.

Right after getting our shots we headed to my parents to drop off the remainder of our Christmas gifts to their house. Luke was just over joyed when we turned down my parents road and he wanted out immediately to see Grandma and Ban-ka once we pulled in their driveway. My Mom was super and said Luke could stay with her while I went and did some grocery shopping with Allison. Luke was so thrilled he ran to their door and wanted to see Buddy the dog right away. The smile on his face was ginormous (is that a word?) and his laughter was uncontainable to spend some time with Grandma. (Grandpa was at work, much to Luke's dissapointment).

Our kids love to see their grandparents. When Bruce's parents come down to Windsor to see us, or whether we go their home in Brampton or the family cottage Luke and Allison as estastic to see them. The love that overflows from our kids to their gradnparents in contagious. It is a wonderful site to see.

I thank the Lord for grandparents, especially my parents and in-laws. I couldn't ask for anyone better. Thank you for all you have done for us and our family. May the Lord bless you and keep you all the days of your life!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rhys certainly loves his grandparents as well. Both sets, though he knows mine better because they live here and Michael's parents have only seen him 5 times (though we saw them only 2 times a year before he was born :)
It is funny to see your parents as grandparents, isn't it? They go a little crazy when the little people come into our lives, I think. I remember talking to my mom when Rhys was a couple of months old and her saying that she always thought that some grandparents were a little nuts and she thought that with my aunt (who became a grandma 6 months prior to my mom) and now she was that way too. They just fall in love with this new little life and cannot help it.
I feel that way about my relationship with Rhys as well. That people always talked about how kids changed them and you cannot describe the joy they bring, or the feeling it is to be a parent until it happens. They change our lives, that is all that is to it. And you never, ever, ever want to go back!

December 22, 2006 12:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home