Here I am
OK, I am sure a few of you have been wondering where I am? Well I have been here at home with the kids, having typical days with my family. I wake up eat breakfast, lunch and dinner and wait for my hubby to come home from work each night. The kids will stand at the bay window just waiting for Daddy to come home each night.
Nothing has been really going on .....or worth blogging about.
Until now.....
I just signed up on FACEBOOK this past week and I am lovin' it. So that could be part of the reason I have been neglecting my BLOG page the past little while. You have to sign up for this...it is AMAZING!
I have found so many people on Facebook that I went to high school/college with and I have found teens that I used to be their youth leader. Where does time go....they are all growing up so fast.
The one thing that has shocked me with Facebook is how open people are with their lives on the Internet. It kind of scares me. Now, yes I am sitting here on my couch writing on a my blog page my thoughts, but what I mean is that these people are so open to share the good, the bad and the ugly in their lives for all to see.
I have to admit some of the people I have been reconnected with really disappointed me with what I read and saw (you can post pictures on you facebook page), at some points it brought me to tears to see where suppose christian teens/people, from christian families are at in their christian walks. Why are people so free to share all their drinking stories and not be embarrassed to tell them, or show pictures of themselves that are too revealing, or swear freely on their facebook page?
Why are more people not posting about Christ on our BLOG pages/Facebook page/My Space page etc? Now don't get me wrong I know a lot of fellow believers are posting about their personal relationship with Christ and I find that encouraging. We have an amazing tool called the Internet to reach others for Christ and to have some fun and entertain with, ie:email, BLOG pages, web sites etc.
So why on earth do some fellow believers feel the need to put up personal information about sin in their lives that they know is contrary to what the Bible teaches?
We are all created by God to glorify God. That is the reason God made me and YOU! It seems that we far too easily forget that Christ is living in us. We are in the world but we are not to be part of the world. It is OK to be different and not to conform to the world. Dare to be different for Christ!
Now please remember I love Facebook and I have totally enjoyed catching up with people from so long ago. Please remember I am 31 years old, I think to some of the younger generation I am considered old. I just have found it a real struggle to see where people are at in their lives and where they could be in their walks with the Lord.
So you ask "Why did you take all this space on your BLOG page to write about this?" Let me tell you.........to pray for those around you! Prayer is a mighty gift/tool from the Lord.... and Facebook has really caused me to pray over the past few days for people by name.
Please remember to pray for those you know and love that are struggling in their walks with the Lord. The Lord is Gracious, Loving, Forgiving, All knowing, Merciful, Just, Holy, Without any Sin, Omnipresent, Patient, Always listening, Three in One, In control, ans so much more!
Prayer is powerful and God is at work today in 2007!
Labels: my thoughts


1 Comments:
Amen Carolyn!!! I was a bit misty-eyed just reading that because it is all so true.
March 29, 2007 10:05 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home