Random Christmas pictures
Ok, here you all go....here are some pictures from our Christmass holidays. My sister Katherine and my brother in law Jon drove all the way from Caronport, Saskatchewan with their dog to spend 2 weeks here in warm Windsor. It had been a year since we saw them last. It was so nice to have them home. Luke and Allison had a ball with them and ask when they are coming over all the time. I have to try to explain to them that Uncle Jon and Auntie Kat live far away and we don't get to see them all the time. Luke says "That is sad Mom"
I have to tell you that Katherine and Jon's dog was 11 months old when they were here and half way through their stay their dog Deliah went into heat. How lovely was that. Anyways, they made a diaper for her out of a pair of men's underwear and a maxi pad lining the insdie. It was a funny site to see, I wish I got a picture to show you all.
So here you go, enjoy!
Uncle Matt and Uncle Jon came over to put up Luke and Allison's new bunk beds the week before Christmas. Uncle Matthew is letting the kids borrow his bunk beds until he needs them again. Luke is currently sleeping on the top bunk and Allison will go on the bottom in a few weeks. Allison is giving up her room for the baby for a year or so.
Luke and Allison enjoying the new bunks. They both love the top bunk.
Bruce took the kids outside the week before Christmas to play in our last bit of major snow to build a snow man. We don't get too much snow here normally in Windsor and if we do it does not last that long.
Luke and Allison had never built a snowman before so this was very exciting!
Katherine and Nana at our Christmas dinner.
My Dad showing Luke how to snap and crack the Christmas crackers to get your toy and holiday hat.
Katherine and Mom
Nana and Luke waiting for Christmas dinner at Grandma and Grandpa Thomson's house.
Luke and his new bike Christmas morning
On December 27th we had my entire immediate family over for a pizza dinner. My Dad wanted to sit at the kids table with Luke and Allison. Luke and Allison thought it was great!
Allison on Christmas afternoon at my parents house before opening gifts there. She found her new Elmo under the tree and Luke's Lighting McQueen.
My sister Katherine and brother Matthew waiting to open gifts.
Nana and Allison
Katherine and Jon
We spent New Years at our friends house with them and their 2 kids. All the kids celebrated New Years at 9pm so we could get them home to bed. Bruce loved the kids hats and horns as much as Luke and Allison I think.
Luke and I saying Happy New Year 2008!
Bruce's parents come down to see us for a few days after Christmas. One day we decided to take them to Greenfield Village in Dearborn, Michigan for the day. This is like a pioneer village kind of idea. It was very cold to walk around outside. We had the kids all bundled up and we had a great time. We only got through about 1/3 of the park in an entire day. Luke and Allison loved the farm where they could see the sheep, cows, stray cats, and chase the chickens around the outside of the barn. There are just too many photos to publish and not enough time to do it. Sorry! Here is Mom and Dad Gailitis while we were there. Dad Gailitis is trying to get warm by drinking a coffee.
Here is our entire family inside the train station, it was warm in there and the boys loved all the BIG trains, they even got to walk underneath of one. Bruce and Luke loved that.
Here is Allison (can you see her face from being so bundled up?)Luke and I looking and playing with the displays about trains.
Here is my Mom with Allison saying good-bye as they were leaving in 2 days to go to Florida for almost 3 months. Yes, my parents have become snow birds, and I think they are really enjoying it. They have more people coming to visit them from January to March while they are in Sarasota, Florida then the entire time they have lived in Windsor.
They have become these social butterflies all of a sudden. They even went out to the movies one night, I just about fell over when they told me that. I remember the days when I was younger and I wasn't allowed to go the movies. How times change eh Mom and Dad?
My Dad, Luke and Allison saying good-bye after a New Year's family dinner at our place on January 2nd.
Uncle Jon and Luke sticking out their tongues for the camera.
Uncle Jon, Auntie Kat and Allison saying good-bye. Jon and Katherine were leaving Windsor on January 3rd.
Fish lips is all I have to say on this one. This is how Allison makes fish lips. I love it! A classic Alli, Kat photo.
Labels: family


1 Comments:
Looks like a fun Christmas holidays - just like I like it full of family and fun!
January 30, 2008 7:01 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home