Family wedding and odds and ends
Ok I just want to let you all know I have NO IDEA how to get my pictures in order on my BLog page. So I am sooooo sorry that these pictures are all mixed up and not in any order.
This past weekend we went to my cousin's Sarah Thomson's wedding well now she is no longer Thomson her new last name is Hughson. She married a army man from the USA named Mike. We have not been able to get too know Mike too well as most of their engagement he was stationed in Iraq. He is back safely and they had a very nice wedding this past Saturday in Oakville, Ontario and their reception was in Burlington.
I am a sucker for getting together with my extended family, as we don't get to see each other very much due to distance and busyness of life in general. I am sure you all understand. I loved getting to see everyone again.
We were seated at a table with some of Mike's first cousins, and Bruce and I had a total hoot! Thanks Sarah and Mike for seating us there we loved it! It turned out they were christians and they totally loved the Lord! It was so cool! The amazing thing was I never got a picture with them, so I just want to say to Mindy, Seth, Kevin, Jen, Sarah and Paul it was so nice to meet you. You were an encouragement to both Bruce and I, and you made us laugh. It is amazing how once you know someone else around you is a Christian there is immediate friendship. Mindy I will do my very best to keep in touch with you!
So some of these pictures are from the wedding and then I will explain the others in the middle.
This is a picture of some of my family: Matthew (my brother), Steve Smith (cousin in law) Sam Barrott, Ken Barrott (1st cousin), Frank Barrott (1st cousin), Bruce Gailitis (my hubby), Great Uncle Bernd Koken and my Uncle Roy.
This is a picture of both Bruce's and my parents getting together yesterday for Father's day lunch at Tucker's Marketplace in Toronto right by the airport. Seeing that my family was in Toronto for my cousin's wedding and Bruce's parents live in Brampton it only made sense that we all got together for lunch to celebrate our Dad's. Luke loved having all his grandparents together in once place.
This is Luke and Allison this morning waking up. Allison woke up and then for fun we placed her Luke's bed to get him up. However they both decided they wanted to stay in bed as it takes them a bit to wake up in the morning. Don't they look tired?
This is when they appear a little happier to see Mom and Dad in the morning.
A few weekends ago we had some friends over for dinner with their 2 children. This is a picture of Luke, Allison, Ryan and Olivia eating on our deck together. They loved eating outside at thier own little table. This was Allison's first time eating outside of her highchair. She quite enjoyed the freedom of being able to move around freely, needless to say she didn't eat very much that meal.
My first cousin Sarah walking down the aisle with her Dad who is my Uncle Roy.
Sarah and Mike.
I loved this picture of my Aunt Heather and Uncle Roy. I was sitting behind them during the wedding ceremony and Aunt Heather placed her head on my Uncle's shoulder and shed some tears. It was priceless. I have to tell you during this wedding I looked at Bruce and said one day it will be Allison walking down the aisle, and Bruce says "Honey, it will happen sooner then you think!" That made me want to cry.
Mr and Mrs. Mike Hughson.
Labels: family


1 Comments:
Hey Carolyn -
It's so nice to have family weddings and get to see everyone. I love it and all the family stuff that goes with it, Michael doesn't know what to do with it, as he has one aunt and had 2 gramndmas and that is it in his family!
As for the pictures thing, you can drag and drop them to where you want them to go once you have uploaded them to your post. Try it out. Sometimes it takes a try or two, but I find that the postioning of "none" helps at first while practicing.
Rayna
June 22, 2007 2:48 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home